Sometimes, that is the only mantra that gets me through a long run. There are days where I loathe running. Chest heaving, sweat stinging my contacts, burning calves, nose running… (Allergies turn my nose into a faucet and make me want to claw my eyes out.)
So not my idea of a good time. Remind me again why I’m training for the Indy Mini-Marathon?
But today was different. Today, my friends, I ran eight miles and although the first few were kind of tough – thanks to the stop/go because of stoplights and traffic – the run itself was pretty great. Finished in 67 minutes, and felt pretty good while stretching.
When I got home, the BF started to freak out. I’ve run four half marathons, two of which we did together, and we vowed to make this our best run yet. But my quick finish today made him worry he’s not training hard enough. This is a first – and made my runner’s high even greater!
Basically, I’m going to kick this race’s arse! 19 days and counting!
P.S. Anyone else going to be in Indianapolis on May 8?
- 35,000 runners line up for the largest half marathon in the country
No comments:
Post a Comment